So, for those of you that don't know, my dear friend Charla and her mom Julie participated in the 3-Day walk supporting breast cancer research. They trained for many many months and raised a lot of money to walk 60 miles for the cause! It sounded like an amazing experience and Mandy and I wanted to be there at the end. We headed down to Seattle for some shopping, then rode the monorail to Seattle Center, had lunch and watched the Hawks game, and walked to Memorial Stadium where the 3-Day ceremony was being held. It was so emotional to watch all these men and women complete this grueling 60 mile walk through the heat and finally be finishing with all of us cheering them on! Usually, my blog posts are mainly about Romy (who spent the day with her daddy), but I'm so proud of Charla and Julie so I had to post the pictures! Congratulations! On behalf of all women, and anyone who has ever been affected by breast cancer or knows someone who has, thank you for walking!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
An amazing cause
So, for those of you that don't know, my dear friend Charla and her mom Julie participated in the 3-Day walk supporting breast cancer research. They trained for many many months and raised a lot of money to walk 60 miles for the cause! It sounded like an amazing experience and Mandy and I wanted to be there at the end. We headed down to Seattle for some shopping, then rode the monorail to Seattle Center, had lunch and watched the Hawks game, and walked to Memorial Stadium where the 3-Day ceremony was being held. It was so emotional to watch all these men and women complete this grueling 60 mile walk through the heat and finally be finishing with all of us cheering them on! Usually, my blog posts are mainly about Romy (who spent the day with her daddy), but I'm so proud of Charla and Julie so I had to post the pictures! Congratulations! On behalf of all women, and anyone who has ever been affected by breast cancer or knows someone who has, thank you for walking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment