Thursday, March 17, 2011

Romy Randoms


Because I use this blog to document certain things about our girl, I thought I would share some of the funny things that Romy has said recently.


A few weeks ago...

Romy: "Mom, I wish I was Chinese."

No idea where that came from but unfortunately, I can't really help her become Chinese.


Playing the princess memory card game (which she is freakishly good at)

Romy: "I don't like the princesses that have dark hair. Only Cinderella and the girls that have hair like me."

Kinda goes against the whole wishing to be Chinese thing. :)


Any time that Romy falls down or gets any kind of owie.

"I really think I need a treat to make me feel better."


The other day, Rob was coming home from the store and I was heading out for girls night. I heard Rob's car in the parking lot so I told Romy to give me a hug because I was going to be leaving. Rob hadn't come inside yet so she didn't realize I was waiting until he came up the stairs and she said:

"Mom, I think I need either a mommy or daddy to be here"

Yes dear. I wouldn't actually leave you home alone.


Last night after putting her to bed.

Romy: "But mom, I want to talk to you."

Me: (Well aware that she is just stalling bedtime) "What do you want to talk about?"

Romy: "I want you to tell me nice things. Like how you love me and I'm funny and I'm pretty."

Wow. No lack in self esteem there.


Last weekend when Romy was playing with her pretend food.

Me: "Romy, you need to put away your food if you want to bring out a new toy."

Romy: (We have been trying to work with her to say kitchen which always comes out as "chicken") "Okay, I go put it in my chick...my chichen...I'll go put it in the fridge."


After preschool yesterday

Romy: "Miss Christy asked me if I want more snack and I said no thank you. That's because I have good manners."

Me: Beaming proudly. :)


Watching The Princess & The Frog

Romy: "I don't like this part. I just like the end when Tiana is in the pretty green dress. I love that dress. That's my favorite part."

Apparently, we judge movies based on attire.



No comments: